eCustoms is the payment service of Import Duty Fees of the Customs Duty via Internet Banking of the Bank, which serves the Broker/Shipping Companies as well as the Importers.
Application Process with CIMB Thai
Application Process with Custome
- Fill in the application form and open an account with CIMB THAI.
- Register for using the software with the Shipping Software service providers.
- Conduct a test of data submission of the paperless system, 2 days before actually using the system.
- The customers (Brokers/ Shipping) create electronic items of the import entries on the VAN, and then select the CIMB Thai accounts to make payments and submit the information through the GATEWAY to the Customs Department.
- When the Customs Department receives the information, they will check the items and provide verification to the Brokers/ Shipping. After that they will send orders to the Bank to debit the accounts of the Brokers/ Shipping or the entrepreneurs for payments (as specified by the Broker/ Shipping).
- The Bank sends the "Payment Request" to the Broker/ Shipping or the entrepreneur to confirm the payment.
- The Brokers/ Shipping or entrepreneurs make the payment confirmations.
- The Bank confirms the results of the payments to the payers.
- The Customs Department confirms the payments and informs the Brokers/ Shipping to release the merchandise.
- The Brokers/ Shipping can make requests for receiving the receipts and releasing the merchandise at the Control Area by using the payment numbers from the system.
- It reduces the Customs procedures as well as the payment process. It lowers the time to complete all procedures which used to take half a day to be within 5 minutes.
- It enhances efficiency of the business. For instance, the merchandise is released faster, resulting in sale of the merchandise as well as more rapid gain of income of the business.
- It reduces the expenses of travelling to the Customs Department and the Bank. This also includes reducing the handling expenses of the documents such as the expense of travelling to the Bank to buy a cashier's cheque or to transfer the money.
- It reduces errors in payments, which the Bank will receive confirmation from the service users first.
- The customers can check the movements of the transactions both before and after making the payments via Internet (BizChannel@CIMB)
- The customers can check the payment transactions and can use them as evidences for payments. Additionally, they can make requests for viewing the former transactions.
- Once the payments are successfully conducted, the customers can choose to receive SMS for confirmations and they can promptly release their merchandise.
- The customers can use this service 24 hrs, to facilitate their making of transactions. With this they can release their merchandise at all times and save the rental cost of warehouse as a consequence.